Amanda Serrano is one of the most dominant martial artists of her generation. The 32-year-old holds a 41-1-1 record with 30 knockouts, along with the WBC, WBO and IBO featherweight titles. She also holds a 2-0-1 record in MMA. The only thing left for her to do is acknowledge the best pound for pound.
In this pursuit, Serrano is fully committed to her craft, eliminating distractions and following a rigorous routine that keeps her mind focused on her goal.
Are you trying to achieve it? Unless you have her landline (check it out kids) or Nurse Cindy’s number, your best chance is to catch her at the gym as she doesn't have a cell phone. She'll occasionally use her sister's phone to peek social media or shop on Amazon, but she keeps her screen time to a minimum. Relationship? Wedding? Her commitment is only to her family, her sport, and her pursuit of the greatest status ever.
Someone who was able to connect with the champion was social media star Jake Paul. Serrano was the first boxer to sign with his management company Most Valuable Promotions (MVP). The deal was announced on social media late last week.
Serrano's schedule is evidence of this chase as her routine doesn't change much between training camp and waiting for her next opponent. When asked about this unwavering commitment, Serrano draws on one of her favorite quotes from the late Kobe Bryant, which perfectly sums up her mindset.
“Friends come and go, banners hang forever,” she says. "I want forever."
Day in the life of Amanda Serrano
Courtesy Amanda Serrano
- 9 am: I wake up, brush my teeth, and get dressed for a two-mile run
- 9:45 o clock: I come back to take a shower
- 10:30 am: coffe break
- 11 clock: Preparing food for the day
- 11:45 a.m.: Leave the house with my sister Cindy to pick up my coach Jordan. From there it goes to the gym!
- Midday: Arrive at the gym and start boxing workout, which includes:
- Jump rope for 3 rounds
- Shadow box in the ring for 10 rounds
- Beat the pockets 10 rounds
- After the training: Coach Jordan and I discuss upcoming fights, media, meetings etc. and plan accordingly
- 13:45 – 14:00: I drive home for my first meal, which almost always consists of two scrambled or boiled eggs, a bowl of oatmeal, and a piece of fruit.
- 2:45 pm: I shower again and run small errands before eating my second meal (before 2nd workout) which is 1 banana with peanut butter.
- 4:30 p.m .: I come back to the gym for my strength and conditioning training, which includes:
- Squats, bench presses, military presses, barbell rows, pulldowns, barbell / dumbbell curls, triceps extensions, calf raises
- And every other day I do my calisthenics (4 sets of pull-ups, push-ups, pull-ups and dips) back to back
- 5:45 pm: I leave the gym happy knowing my three daily workouts are complete and I can relax for the night
- 6 pm: I'm home planning my last meal of the evening with the family. At Haus Serrano, we make it our business to spend time together while eating.
- If it's still early and the mall is open, we go shopping every day. thing big, we just love to shop! It can literally be something small, or clothes for us or my sister's kids, house items, or anything that takes us to the shops!
- 21: 30/22: 00: I'm back home to shower and watch TV. I love doing Showtime Boxing and for fun I indulge in The Masked Singer. I fall asleep by 11 p.m. at the latest.