They say it will give you explosive energy, amazing pumps and will take your workout to the next level. But does it live up to the hype or is there something better? Keep reading my C4 Pre-Workout Review to find out!
In a hurry? Here's the quick review: I think C4 is a solid pre-workout, and most of the time it works great. However, it wasn't always consistent and sometimes gave me a headache.
If only I could recommend a pre-workout it would be Pre-Train from Crazy Bulk, which is available here.
You can also read my review of Pre-Train here!
Or read on to learn more about C4 Original.
What is the C4 pre-workout?
C4 is a pre-workout supplement that will give you a boost of energy and motivation to just do it.
It's made by a company called Cellucor. This all-American brand was founded in 2002 and has more than 20 years of experience in the sports and nutrition sectors.
After launching C4 Original in 2011, Cellucor has steadily built a solid and credible reputation in the bodybuilding and fitness community.
It comes in powder form that you mix with water. By taking 1-2 scoops 20-30 minutes before training, C4 Original offers:
- More focus and motivation
- Energy to train harder and lift harder
- Decreased muscle fatigue
- Better stamina
- Improved performance
- Faster recovery
All of this leads to faster, more noticeable results regardless of your fitness goals.
It's available in a variety of sugar-free flavors including:
- Orange burst
- Fruit punch
- Cherry lemonade
- Ice blue razz
- Pink lemonade
- Strawberry Margarita
- Green apple
When you're feeling adventurous, add crushed ice for a guilt-free slushie before you break a sweat.
It's super refreshing!
C4 pre-workout can also be used by both men and women.
more fighting over storage space in the kitchen – you can share. Because if you train together, you stay together!
You can buy C4 Pre-Workout in two different sizes:
- 30 servings (195g) costs € 29.99
- 60 servings (390g) is $ 49.99
It's available on the Cellucor official website or on Amazon, but it is often sold out.
How does the C4 Original Pre-Workout work?
C4 is much more than just a caffeine-filled energy drink.
Every ingredient has been clinically researched to maximize your potential.
So what exactly is in the tub?
And how will C4's proven formula help improve your performance?
I took the time to break down each ingredient to see exactly how it works.
Let's see if science supports it:
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine: This powerful ingredient helps delay the onset of lactic acid, muscle fatigue, and muscle failure. It also offers improved endurance and recovery. I found this study with 360 participants and showed how beta-alanine improved physical performance.
- Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T): Creatine has many benefits, including increased strength and lean muscle mass. This new form combines creatine with a nitrate molecule for even better results. This 28-day study looked at the bench press performance of 48 male volunteers. Those supplemented with creatine nitrate showed increases in both repetitions and weight lifting.
- Arginine AKG (Alpha-Ketoglutarate): This compound claims to increase nitric oxide production, which can lead to vasodilation. This increases blood flow to your muscles during exercise. Unfortunately, however, this study concluded that Arginine AKG was not effective in improving blood flow.
- Explosive energy mix: It contains specially selected ingredients such as caffeine and L-tyrosine, an amino acid that helps you stay focused longer. In this study, 22 adults were tested during task switching exercises. L-tyrosine has been shown to dramatically improve brain function and focus.
After looking at the ingredients, I can see that there is plenty of evidence that C4 will help take your workout to the next level.
It also contains B vitamins, minerals, and other essential ingredients, all of which are designed to give you the energy, focus, and drive you need for your workout.
What are people saying about C4?
I always enjoy doing my homework. So I also looked for up-to-date user ratings and customer feedback for the C4.
I found the following:
Bob says that C4 gives him the boost he needs and doesn't give him any adverse side effects:
Jane just loves C4. She says it keeps her going and won't crash her.
But not everyone loves it.
Some people are disappointed because theirs are clumped together in large chunks.
Overall, however, the reviews for the C4 pre-workout are overwhelmingly positive!
My experience with C4 pre-workout
I used C4 pre-workout for 2 weeks and overall I was generally happy with the results.
I tried watermelon and found it very tasty and refreshing.
You can really feel the caffeine impact straight away.
It gives you a nice boost of energy and makes you fit for training, especially in the morning.
My workouts were more intense and I got some great pumps.
What I noticed is that it was often sold out in many places.
I also got headaches at times after drinking it which ruined my workout so it wasn't always consistent for me.
When it worked, I enjoyed the effects and had some killer workouts.
Should You Buy the C4 Pre-Workout?
The all-important question we've all been waiting for!
I think the C4 Pre Workout is very good and definitely worth a try.
It'll give you a nice boost of energy, help you train harder, and get results, but it's not the best pre-workout I've ever tried.
If I could only recommend 1 pre-workout, it would be Crazy Bulk Pre-Train.
It tastes great, gives me tons of energy, helps me crush my workouts, and since I've been using it I've been in the best shape of my life.
It's just on another level.
And the best part is that it's consistent and works every time.
You can Checkout pre-train from Crazy Bulk here or read my full review here!
Thank you for reading my C4 pre-workout review. I wish you the best of luck in finding the drive, passion and consistency you need to achieve your fitness goals.
This content is provided by our partners on Musclepursuit.com