In summer it should be about showing the cuts and being as slim as possible. Two experts who know both are Don Saladino and Frank Sepe. That's why they host the online workout show "Sleeveless". They recently presented a high-rep chest and bicep workout that included well over 700 reps.
As they went through the workout, Saladino reminded viewers that it's okay if you don't hit a specific rep goal. As long as your muscles were properly engaged and you didn't injure yourself, the set was productive.
"God didn't invent four sets of 10, kids," said the M&F cover model. It's tension and it's fatigue, okay?”
Sepe also advised that quality is more important than quantity. Getting the most out of the next rep was more important than how much weight you used.
"It's all about the pressure and the contraction," said the other M&F cover model, before starting a series of incline machine presses. "The formula for greatness is consistency and hard work."
Both men opted for a high-rep approach rather than using extremely heavy weights, and they found the workout to be successful. If you want to try it yourself, check out the list of exercises below.
- Standing cable fly and push-ups – 10 rounds of 20 and 10 repetitions
- Dumbbell sweater and single dumbbell chest press – 5 supersets of 10 repetitions each
- Bias Press – 5 sets of 30, 20, 10, 5, 5 reps, 1 easy set to failure
- dips – 4 sets of 10 repetitions
- One arm high cable curl – 5 sets of 10 repetitions
- Hammer incline dumbbell curls – 5 sets of 10 repetitions
- Machine Preacher Curl – 5 sets of 10-15 repetitions
Make sure you watch this video in full to learn and apply all of the sleeveless duo's tips, and the tributes to George Michael also deserve your attention. For any sleeveless workout, catch them Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. Eastern Time on the @muscleandfitness Instagram page.